- Hello world!
- Central Park Mallard
- Happy Thanksgiving
- Bartlett Pear
- Succulent – Day 12 #worldwatercolormonth
- Hopland Field Station Road, View from Barn – Day 10 – #worldwatercolormonth
- California Poppy – Day 10 #worldwatercolormonth challenge
- Lupine or Texas Bluebells – Day 9 of #worldwatercolormonth
- Clematis – Day 8 of #WorldWatercolorMonth
- Glass Beach in Fort Bragg – Day 6 of the #WaterColorMonth2018 Challenge
- Strawberry Guava – Day 5 of #WaterColorMonth2018 Challenge
Category Archives: Uncategorized
I am working on orchids and am learning new techniques from Birgit O’Connor in her online course like doing big washes in the background of this painting. It is the negative painting of the background that makes the flower petals take the central interest.
It’s been a long time since I posted. First the Mendocino Complex Fire in July came within 4 miles of our house. We have a great view of the fire line and smoke because we live on a ridge, so that was very distracting! We had to pack up in case of evacuation, which didn’t happen, but it took time to pack and then unpack. I had a minor surgery in late July. Then I go pneumonia in October and was in the hospital for 4 days. I am finally getting it together to do some painting. I took a picture of the pears in the orchard off Talmage Road here in Ukiah in August (when they were harvesting) and here is the result!
Small quick study for a larger work I intend to do later.
I will have to revisit this topic and try again!